Pages


4.12.2011

I Dream of Jeni


After every midterm and final week my senior year in college, my boyfriend and I always took turns treating each other to Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream.  If you have never heard of nor tasted Jeni's, you need to get acquainted asap!

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams is a company based in Columbus, Ohio that creates the best ice cream I've ever tasted with the freshest and finest local ingredients around the state.  Let me just say that before Jeni's, I never really cared for ice cream.  I feel like many people would gasp here, but it's true.  I would have gladly taken a piece of cake or pie over ice cream until Jeni came along.  So, what's the difference between Jeni's brand and all the other competitors?  The 4 categories she described in the video below (taste, texture, consistency, finish) AND the immense creativity of Jeni Britton Bauer.  Sweet corn and raspberries? Violets and meringue?  Only Jeni could think up and execute these unique flavors so well using the four facets of ice cream making.  Plus, it's all natural, and no artificial dyes are used.  It's also important to note that Jeni's also makes sorbets, frozen yogurts, and macaroons ice cream sandwiches.  All of which are very tasty combinations in their own right.
In saying all of the above, I have a few new things to be thrilled about:  

1.  Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams is now shipping a few of their macaroon ice cream sandwiches throughout America!!  


They not only make the best macaroons I've ever tasted, but they also sandwich my favorite ice creams in between them.  Definitely try the salty caramel;  the ice cream known for it's perfectly salty sweet balance is sandwiched between two almond-based chewy macaroons, and rolled in crunchy rough chopped-smoked almonds.  It's heaven.  Definitely one of those last meal on death row foods. 
         *Note that pints of Jeni's are also available online here and 
                                                                                     perhaps a store near you

2.  Jeni Britton Bauer is now an author.  Her first book, Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home, is expected to be released on 6/15/11.  

Although the homemade version won't come in pretty packaging, this is very exciting news!  Not only do I think it'll make a great coffee table book with all the mouthwatering photos inside, but it's also definitely going to get some use in my kitchen using the signature 100 recipes Jeni reveals.  Check out this video:


If you'd like to get more Jeni's in your life, check out her blog Salty Caramel and/or go here to get some Jeni's recipes to tide you over before the book release.

Oh and please please please, keep in mind that if you're ever going to try to butter me up, it better be with a pint of Jeni's bourbon butter pecan or any other flavor of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams.  

No comments:

Post a Comment