Pages


4.18.2011

All the Buildings in NY

Hello again!  I hope you all had a great weekend.
Anyway, enough teasing you with that picture from last Friday's post...

Do you recall that scene in (500) Days of Summer where Tom sketches his favorite part of NYC on Summer's hand?  Well if Tom was an actual person, I imagine he'd take on a project like this.  

An illustrator from Australia by the name of James Gulliver Hancock has created a project where he is attempting to draw all of the buildings in New York. How cool is that? Below are a few of my favorite pieces that he's created so far. His drawings range from one building to a whole block.  I love the colors he uses, though he does produce images without color that I enjoy as well.



This guy can definitely capture the life of a building.  If you'd like to see more of James' work and follow his progression in drawing all the buildings in NY, you can visit his blog.  Which one is your favorite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment