Pages


4.13.2011

Fake Bake

Continuing the food posts a bit, I wanted to tell you about this amazing dessert I made this past weekend.  I always love to cook for my boyfriend when I see him, and this time I made what turned out to be an amazing mock no-bake key lime pie.  It was super easy, very light, and full of flavor.  I'd post a picture, but we devoured the entire pie way quicker than we should admit to.

The recipe is pretty much all over the internet, but here we go...

Your 4! Ingredients:
     1 (10 inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust
     1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
     1/2 cup key lime juice + optional zest from the limes
     1 (16 oz) package frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions:
     In a large bowl, mix together condensed milk and lime juice (plus optional zest if you choose).  Gently fold in the whipped topping until combined.  Pour mixture into graham cracker crust.  Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

{this recipe comes out looking vary similar to the pie shown in this photo via Fuzzy Gerdes on Flickr}

Easy right? The best part is that it only calls for 4 ingredients, and it tastes like the real thing.  I like to add the zest for added flavor, plus I love seeing it in the filling.  I think it gives it that extra homemade touch as though you've been slaving in the kitchen for hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment