Pages


5.30.2011

Puppy Love

I'm loving this extra long weekend and I hope you are too!  Boyfriend and I went on a bunch of adventures together these past few days, but today's all about family and relaxation.  While I have a little time until family mode, I thought I'd share a little piece of my weekend with you.

 {Min Pin vs. Cavalier Cocker Spaniel}

Like many people, I melt over the cuteness of a soft, cuddly puppy.  You know how they say a dog reflects his/her owner?  My boyfriend and I have discussed the breeds we like several times now, and it's so true.  He likes Miniature Pinschers which are very skinny, active, adventurous dogs, while I prefer the Cavalier King Charles Cocker Spaniel that has lots of shedding coats of hair, is very laid back, affectionate, and will interact with nearly everyone.  We both fit our dog descriptions weirdly enough, plus I still can't get over the ruby coloring that many Cavaliers have.  Sooo pretty!  I dream of one day adding a little Ruby to my family, but I'm afraid that I can not do this yet.  The Cavalier breed has many health problems that I won't be able to care or pay for right now beyond the large initial price-tag.  However, this does not stop me from going to pet stores to go pick her out or frequently visiting this website...

{seriously melts my heart days later}

This past Saturday, my boyfriend took me to the dog store where his parents purchased one of there dogs years prior.  The little puppy above was there and she melted my heart.  She looks kind of scared in the picture, and I don't blame her, but I just had to get a picture of her.  Right after it was taken, I put my camera back in my bag, and she came right up to the glass to try to look inside it.  As you can see from the photo, she has rather droopy, red eyes that I've been trying to research without any luck.  It's not cherry eye I know that.  I wonder if the condition was one of the reasons she went on sale for near $500 less than she was days prior, but the price-tag might also have to do with her age.  She and her brother were the oldest puppies for sale, until he was bought that day leaving her all alone in her cage.  When I requested to take her out and hold her, she looked so sad.  She just laid in my arms until I had to give her back.  Once back in her cage, she came up to the glass and started to lick where I put my hand.  Boyfriend dragged me out of the store against my will, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about her.  A sad lonely puppy just kills my insides, and I hope someone nice with a lot of love, time, and money on their hands took her in.  I can only hope...

Sorry to leave you on a sad note, but I hope you have a lovely Memorial Day!
See you back here tomorrow for some more weekend adventures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment