Pages


5.24.2011

Oprah's Final Farewell

Later this year I'll be celebrating my 24th birthday, which pretty much means that Oprah has been in my life since I can remember.  My mom is a big fan, so every day after school, it was always on.  Reflecting on all these years of watching now, I don't think I ever realized how much she has shaped a part of me...the part of me that I strive and want to be.  It's amazing how a woman with her background has risen above all of her hardships to became such a grounded, generous, warm, and caring person, but it doesn't stop there.  Even through her fame, she's always been real with her audience and a truly selfless and giving individual along the way.  She's a person that was not shaped by fame, but who shaped fame into something of purpose...a way to give back and influence generations.  If that's not inspiring, I don't know what is... 

Well, tomorrow marks the last show of Oprah; will you be watching?  I know I will...

On another note, does anyone know who will be taking over the Oprah time slot?  Whoever it is, they have some pretty big shoes to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment