Pages


5.30.2011

Dan's Dogs

Nope, I'm not talking about puppies; this time, it's all about the hot dogs.

Right after boyfriend and I made a visit to the puppy store, we traveled for about an hour to Dan's Dogs in Medina, Ohio.  Let me tell you, it was well worth the travel time.

{Dan's Dogs - pictured in order from Bottom to Top: Nacho Dog, Underdog, basket of fries, Reuben Dog, and another Nacho Dog}

I only got to take one quick photo before my boyfriend begged me to stop so he could eat his already, thus it's not the best shot, sorry.  

Once you walk into Dan's Dogs, you're instantly time ported back to the 1950's when diner food reigned king.  There are formica tabletops, pink booths, 50's mint colored chairs, and other midcentury decor, but the focus at Dan's are its dogs.  All of the regular hot dogs at Dan's are priced at about $2 a piece, and they come piled high with the good stuff.  They have classic combos like chili and cheese and more outlandish combos like peanut butter and jelly.  I ordered the Nacho Dog and the Underdog (a BLT hot dog basically), and my boyfriend also go a Nacho Dog, as well as a Rueben Dog.  Boyfriend said the reuben dog was amazing, and we both agreed that the Nacho Dog was pretty darn tasty too. This isn't to say that the BLT dog wasn't good, but it was not my fav of the two.  I really enjoyed the crunch of the corn chips on the Nacho Dog, and I thought the flavors complemented the dog really well.  The basket of fries that we ordered was way bigger than we imagined too.  For the $2.50 price tag, we thought it would have been smaller.  The priciest thing we ordered was an ice cold pitcher of root beer that really hit the spot on such a hot day.  All in all, it was way too much food for our hungry tummies and a fun place to stop.  If hot dogs aren't your thing btw, Dan's also has fresh salads, sandwiches, hamburgers, and shakes on the menu.  Whatever your order, you won't go hungry and your bank account will take a small hit.  Just know that since Dan's Dogs, I've become spoiled with fancy hot dog combinations.  No more ketchup and mustard for this girl.  I don't think I can go back to that combo after this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment